Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Click Click Fire

Click.

Click.

Fire.

Press of a button, warmth of a room. There's something great and unholy about that. What's that wood that doesn't look like wood? Something that doesn't burn. What doesn't burn? What doesn't burn...?

Room warms up quickly. Such a little thing giving off so much warmth so quickly. Strange isn't it? That a few flames could keep us this cozy. This snug. Warm. Fast.

What doesn't burn?

Uneasy at first. Who would want fake fire? Who would want a fire you don't have to work? Click click fire. And that's it? That's satisfying? But now I see. Feel. And it is. It is satisfying.

What doesn't burn?

I want another.

What doesn't burn?

And with a click of a button it goes off. But still it will give me lingering warmth. I will feel good, for a time. But slowly by slowly it all of it will dissipate, rise, disperse, vanish. And be gone. Until I click click again. Until I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment