Sunday, March 29, 2015

Molly and Me

By the time Molly rolled around the night was pretty much over. Her friend, Sarah, Susan, whoever, dropped her off and you know Molly knew she had screwed up because she went running up the steps onto the deck. A few of my friends had gone and a few of them were still there, but the night was winding down. It was pretty much over.

I went over to her, scolded her as if it were a good idea. She laughed at me when I told her to drop it, I didn't want them to see or hear us like this, not while meeting her the first time. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised that she didn't say much at all. The nachos were gone but the drinks were still strong, and I watched her little red wine glass sit there barely touched. My friends have personalities, strong ones, but so does Molly. She might have been intimidated, but I think she was just pissed off.

After they left I got a lot of question mark texts. I ignored them. Molly and I fought quietly because if it was quiet then it wasn't really a fight. I don't tell her these things, she said, I don't explain what's going on in my head. I almost blurt out something about of course she would know, she's a woman, and for once tonight I think better and keep my mouth shut. I just nod my head and tell her she's right. I think we're more alike than what's good for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment