Friday, April 10, 2015

Sunshower

It's bright and I can barely see I'm squinting so hard. So I don't see the drops, I just start to feel them. Devil's beating his wife, I hear someone say. I ask him what he means. Says she's happy that God created such a beautiful day, and the Devil's putting her in her place. Says it a little too much like he's on the Devil's side.

I consider it as truth, just for a moment. If he really is down there, brutalizing her with his walking stick, it seems a waste of a beating. The day's even more beautiful now, I think. Before it was just a day, the sun was just out, the clouds were just gone, the sky was only blue. Now there's something unnatural about it, in a lovely way. It's bright and it's glistening and I'm in the inside of a rainbow. And I think maybe she said something on purpose, so he would beat her, and she could make this rain. That something this lovely could only be born of something terrible. That's a brave thing. And then I think, well, I guess all demons ain't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment