Saturday, September 24, 2016

Happy and You Know It

I walk in to tell you what I really think but you look so happy. And the people around you, they all look so happy. I don't know if I could get a crowd like this around me and still keep their smiles. I think my pocketbook would be lighter and you'd have a lot of looking at watches.

So you say hi and throw your arms around me, and I say hi and thank you for inviting me. You say you're glad I could come and you say it like you mean it. And it dawns on me that you say what you mean. You seem sincere because you are, and we're not playing the same game because it's not a game at all.

And eventually I start to smile, too. And these people, they're not so bad. They're pretty good. And everyone likes everyone and everyone is happy everyone made it. They're happy, and they made it. And I leave not exactly the same, but with an idea of how I might me.

No comments:

Post a Comment