Tuesday, September 20, 2016

The Last of the Honey

My startup disk is almost full.

I have so much more I want to say to you.

...

I think you're great wonderful pretty beautiful pretty magic magical everything

Start again. I think you're... You're... I think you are...

My startup disk is almost full.

I remember when I saw you first, so let's start there. I remember where it was, a farmers market. You were looking at zucchini and we both had bags of bread we were eating. I saw honey sticks sticking out of your jeans pocket. I thought you were a sight to see. I think you're—

My startup disk is almost full, I know, I know. I think you're marvelous. Wondrous. All those older words that we don't use much anymore, but that mean more than the ones we do. Starlight. Uncorruptable. You were a fantasy and I grasped that summer morning onto all the things I thought you were.

...

You were mine, once, briefly. I imagined I was yours. Only one bag of bread and we could share it. Fighting over the last of the honey. Zucchini, and apples, and the brightest lettuce.

...

I have so much more I want to say to you.

My startup disk is full.

No comments:

Post a Comment