Monday, November 28, 2016

Lifeblood

I walk down the stairs. It feels like the hall between the lockers and the pool. I say get me a drink and I go to the bathroom. On the dirty floor there is a small pool of blood and I slip on it. Even though it's never happened I don't think anything of it.

A man in a fleece vest stares at me. There are a lot of men here in fleece vests. He has short hair, they have short hair, they have plaid shirts and undershirts and 401ks. Light beers are their lifeblood.

I'm at my table, there's a bowl of popcorn. "I need a donut and two Gatorades" another girl says. It's 10:30.

The night is like any other. He gets a cab home, gets out with me, says something about walking me to the door and walking home when I question him. I don't know where he lives. I never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment