Sunday, November 20, 2016

Prayer for Sleep

A sudden light hits me, she's putting on lotion and waking me up. Talks about her new makeup irritating her, and she knows a little about irritation. I was supposed to be awake anyway, grunting through the story of her day. She smells like flowers now, whatever lotion smells like, like a woman. I'm just glad I don't have to smell me, and I feel a little bad that she does. I could take better care of myself.

I ask her something and she holds up a finger. I wait. She was praying, sending good and beautiful thoughts out into the world. For peace, for love. I haven't prayed since I was a kid and it was never for any kind of world peace. I know too much now to do anything like that. But she falls right to sleep, and me, I'm awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment