Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Run Run Run

Damp and downtrodden, sitting on a stoop wth dirt under my toenails. Shoes, socks, they were lost along the way. I'm catching my breath which doesn't seemed to have stopped running. Leftover lights give a sprinkling of levity and warmth. Where am I?

When I've collected myself and felt for my wallet and watch (in their respective pockets, somehow I always manage to get that right) I find a small twig. The plan is to dig out some of this dirt, scrape off as much as I can, minimize the leavings, minimize the questions. But after awhile one finetunes the lenses, picks up on less and less I suppose.

The only way I can stop myself is to stop running. Run away from the hair, the eyes, the body, the perfume, the opportunity. Run run run back to what I know, to what, really, I want. At least it's keeping me in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment