Saturday, December 12, 2015

Droplets

I thought that glasses would protect my eyes. That ther elements would knock against them, be disheartened. That they would offer some sort of protection. But the truth is they are like cages. Trapping rain droplets, specks and bugs, debris and air. And then there's no way for anything to get out, and I poke and prod at my eyes as if there were nothing there. The scratches, some, must be my fingernails, even though that probably isn't true.

There have been times where I've been swimming, and coming up for air I open my eyes. And for a moment everything is clear. The droplets sharpen, they make everything so clear. And for a moment I believe I can see. But then I blink and everything is changes. The world is the blur it once was, it's how it always is.

No comments:

Post a Comment