Tuesday, December 29, 2015

So-Called Sun


I remember you telling me that there was more to life than being unhappy all the time. That it was all a matter of perspective. The sun is always shining somewhere, some nonsense like that, all you have to do is find it. And I stand here repulsed, I really do.

What you do not understand is that for a person like me there is no trying. Trying does not enter into it. It is not through any fault of my own, I can choose it no more than I could choose to create this so-called sun you say exists. It is a fact, and one I cannot alter.

Take a drive. Read this book, it helps. You know what your problem is? Let me tell you about my day. Thinking about it that way won't help. Words of encouragement. Patronization disguised as patronage.

I'm not asking the impossible, I'm not asking the world. I'm asking that you use this sun to see things my way. To understand that there is a "my way," that there are a million more ways, that in fact most of the ways of the world are not yours. And that sometimes being unhappy is OK. And that, most of the time, it isn't what I want. Please sit with me. Please listen. Please, listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment