Sunday, June 19, 2016

It's Nothing

You walked in and saw me wiping the tears away, cocked and furrowed your eyes in a "What is this?" kind of way. I shook it off, brushed the air aside with my right hand in a "It's nothing" kind of way. Thank god there was music, I grabbed your hand and waist and started dancing. You started laughing. I felt good. I never wanted you to see me like that, I never would again. I know you knew it wasn't nothing, and you knew to not ask questions, and I thank you for that.

Time goes on and people change, that's something I've been told. I don't know whether or not it's true. Any changes I've made have been too gradual to notice. And I can't ask anything of anyone. But one day, maybe, I'll look back and say, well, we had a dance, we shared a moment. And that's more than a lot of people can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment