Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Alive One

Lower to me on my side, lower than you on yours. Yours is a one I've seen most often, mine is a thing of beauty though. Mine is rare and unforgivable. You cry like the lightning, curse like a schoolmarm. I'm in one fender bender after another and never is it ever enough. Change, Jack, I'm bringing change about me. I've got cold hard cash meaning to make something of something in the world. Not this world but the world, the next one, whatever we make it. I've been told I'm a real live one, more alive than most. I don't care, I keep it low, I keep it down so's not to arouse suspicion. I like 'em to not see me comin', I'd like to be a real surprise, you know that, Jack? I don't want to be the king. What's even more than that? I'll be him eventually. You scream up a storm, you do, a right nuisance, you take the breaks like they broke you last week. Doesn't even matter I suppose. We all get what's comin' to us anyhow, in the end. Only difference is, Jack, some people make what's comin', and the others, well, they just get what's made.

No comments:

Post a Comment