Monday, October 3, 2016

Why What Wheatgrass

Man, let me just tell you this, I am loving listening to everybody talk about their engagements and babies and all their little weddings. I love these rings, I love diamonds, anything shiny, the bigger the better, the merrier the more. I love the intersections of anger and pain, the avenues of yoga pants and red wine. I want to hear about your dogs, I want the details of your excursions, I want the selfies of you in front of priceless monuments and ancient culture. Tell me where to cleanse, instruct me how to salad, who for the best bicycle and why what wheatgrass. You are leveled up! You are strong and self-sufficient, needing nothing but the constant wireless support of everyone you hold dear and countless other avatars! Man, I envy you. I want your thread count, your co-op, your disposable income and your forced dancing.

I want to say something nice about someone every day for a year. But I don't just want to say it to myself. I don't even want to say it to the other person. Oh, sure, I could make a call or send a letter, write a message, shoot a text. I could invite someone over or ask them out for lattes. But, man, seems the way to go is to tag them in a post letting everyone know that I'm saying something nice, how many other nice things I've said, and say some other nice thing. That way my niceness will reach more people, far more than the post is actually about. (Side note: The post is about me!) Why do something nice for someone if they're the only one who knows you did it?

No comments:

Post a Comment