Sunday, October 23, 2016

Is This Okay

I said is this okay and she said yes but I couldn't tell. Situation like that words don't always mean what they mean. I said are you sure and she said yes but then she says wait. Is this okay. She says is this okay and I say I think so and her eyes go wide so I say yes. And I say yes, not so. I think it is and thinking's all you can do, situation like this.

Stop checking in, she says, stop asking questions stop asking. She pushes me away and says why are you so nice. I'm not and that's the thing and I tell her. And it's quiet. And I want to ask what she means but questions are chinks in the chain and I'm weak enough already on my side all by my own. I give a rough look, dark and dreamy like I've seen on magazines and I stop with questions and I stop with hesitation and I decide that this is okay. I become what I think I have to be. And it turns out that for right now I'm right.

No comments:

Post a Comment