Thursday, July 24, 2014

MLB-709

I saw you driving today! An old white Corolla license plate MLB-709 so I'm pretty sure it was you. The Baseball. You always hated that nickname but I always thought it was pretty clever. I waved at you but you must not have seen me. Which is weird because you were looking in my direction and I was waving pretty hard. Maybe there was some glare though, that's probably what it was. Did you see me? It's OK if you didn't, it's just weird.

I thought you moved out of the neighborhood! Anyway, that's what I heard, Jason told me. Or he told me he heard that you moved. I tried to get some more info out of Lucy but you know how she is. So anyway, I thought you moved out of the neighborhood but there you were! Although I guess you could've been driving somewhere nearby. Seems like a weird place to be driving though, I don't know why you'd be on your old street if you didn't still live there. I should've looked at what parking permit was on your windshield. Oh well, next time!

Not that I was just like walking around your street for no reason! I wasn't even walking on your street, I was at the intersection, just a few houses down from you. Or from old you. Or not old you but the you that used to live there. Haha you know what I mean. You never look old, you didn't look old today. You still look really good. Really pretty and put together (at least from the chest up since that's all I could see!). Did you cut your hair? It looked shorter. Maybe you just styled it differently? I thought you hated short hair. Or maybe you just hated my short hair haha. Hm...

Things with me are pretty good! I just started this new administrative assistant job. It's pretty boring I guess but it's OK. I'm just answering phones and making coffee and telling clients to wait and rescheduling and blah blah blah. Everyone likes me better than the girl who trained me though so I guess that's good. I guess I'm an improvement over some people.

How are things with you? I feel like we haven't talked in a really long time. I know you're leaving Macy's soon. Right, is that true? Do you not like it there anymore? Did the hours get to be too much? Not enough potential for the future? Someone offer you more money? Did you decide that's not what you want to be doing anymore? Are you staying in the corporate world? Going back to school? Taking some time off? So many questions haha!

I also wanted to tell you that I've been on a couple dates. Nothing that serious or anything. Just a few dates with a couple different girls. They were both... meh. I guess. They were both fine, whatever, nothing egregious. I don't know I just feel like that's info you should have. I saw you at that coffee shop last week with some guy, the one we went to with all the couches (duh you know you were just there!). He had glasses and some hat on I think? I think you were both wearing hats. It's a little warm out for wool beanies but whatever, if that's what floats his boat. Who is that guy? Have you been seeing him long? What's he do? Where in the city does he live? Haha look out more questions! I'm just curious.

I miss you! I really do! Let's hang! I still live in the same place. If you're still around the area we could hang out, grab some coffee at that place or something. It'd be good to see the old Baseball again, too! Up close and personal, not from the corner or your street or anything. And even if you don't live in the area it'd still be nice to get together. I wish you would write back, or call, or text, or stop by or whatever. It would be really nice to see you. Even if was for just an afternoon or a couple hours or cup of coffee or whatever. I don't think that's too much to ask (I know how you hate it when I ask for things!). Or at least when I wave you could wave back.

Blecch. Sorry! Anyway. It was really good to see you, I'm sure I'll see you around. Write. Me. Back. I really miss you. OK OK OK. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment