Friday, July 8, 2016

Confidant

I opened up to a person I didn't know and it was OK. We met through a friend and then she left, got called away, so there we were with cappuccinos. And this other girl, she asked me how I was and I let her know. Honestly? I made sure she wanted honesty. And honestly she did so honesty is what I gave her. And she gave it back, and we talked about parents and church and death and rape and drugs and food and children and gods and monsters and all the things you never should. Maybe because we knew we'd never see each other again. What was left to tell? How could we continue confiding? We knew too much already. But after then we'd have stories about each other and one story about us, and one story about us is all any of us really need.

No comments:

Post a Comment