Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Latch and Lock

There are a lot of lamps and a lot of drapes. Enough folds for enough villains, enough reasons to keep the many lights on. Scraping my toenails along the bottom of my foot, ice melting in the bucket, reflections in the window seem to come from outside. I could call down to reception for more locks but they'd only give me silence. I could go down to the lobby and that's what I decide to do, but there are even more lamps, more drapes, there are doors and halls and things to hide behind. So I go back to my room, latch and lock, turn on every light, and crawl into the bath. It's always listed as a hiding place during a disaster, but I've got no escape when they come. If they come. And it seems strange to me that it's the only place where I can fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment