Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pangea

In reality, it's not that I've grown colder over time. I've always been like this. It's the world that's getting warmer. And I'm not talking about global warming, no, this is society I'm talking about. Everything's so cheery, so helpful, people are so eager to support each other at random. To tell a thousand strangers that they shouldn't give up. Nobody can do anything without a poster nowadays. And it's all a little too sanguine for my taste. It seems fake. That's all.

So much has been done by one person deciding to do it. Without a faceless crowd holding them up telling them everything is going to be all right. You'd this with this support system that we'd live in a better world. But do we? I'm going to answer my question for you. No. We do not.

No man is an island, OK, but too many don't even try. They want to be so landlocked, touched by whoever they can get to touch them. And if you don't want to be touched you're the bad guy. Me, I'm the bad guy. Because I don't want some stranger's greasy fingerprints all over my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment