Friday, November 21, 2014

Tendencies

Her face flashes. Brief moment. That's what moments are.

She hasn't forgotten. I'm upset, a little, by how much I haven't forgotten either. I am proud of how I forget, the things I choose to leave behind. It is a talent, one I'm glad I have. It makes things easier.

Another flash. No accident. A conversation.

It starts. Whatever we put down we pick it back up, more or less. Or if it's not the same we're fine with whatever it is. Whatever it is it's easy. Light. Late. And so you can pick it up. This is my tendency.

She looks good. I had forgotten that part the most. It is what it is.

I don't show her myself. Computer. Book. Glass. Distance. It's easy.

Daylight comes a little too quickly nowadays. I'll continue to play the game, never knowing who my opponent truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment