Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Get Back In

There are two knocks, quick, someone asking to be let in, I jolt up in bed. Pulls me from my dream. "Hello?" I ask. The knocks came from inside the room, I am sure. I hold my breath. I don't hear anything.

I get up, maybe something will move. Nothing does. I take my water glass to the kitchen, finish it on the way, pour in more. "Hello?" I ask the echoless hallway. Nothing says a word.

I go back to my room. My bedside lamp is on. Did I fall asleep with it on again? I cannot remember.

I turn out the light, listening to the chain, back and forth. Drink some more water and think of my dream, whether or not it's worth trying to get back in. It comes to me. Some lewd subconscious fantasy about a friend. I couldn't think of her now. "Hello?" I ask.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment