Friday, January 29, 2016

Bright Places

Outside there is a moon and next to that there are stars, I know that. And next to those stars are other stars, shining spots that I can't even see. We're standing there with our hands in our hands, my arms wrapped around her, when she says do you think we'll ever be on the moon. I tell her some old men walked around up there a long time ago. No, she says, will we. Us. You and I. But I don't answer her after that. There are so many stars I can't see, so many things I don't know. And they're there, I know they're there, everyone does, it's a fact. Am I going to entire out there to see those bright places? Am I going to leave what I know to get to a place I'm only told exists? How much can I float before the weightlessness makes me feel like I'm not here at all? Light takes so long to get here. I could arrive at that place and have it already be gone. A trillion little particles too small to see. An empty void, with nothing but myself to fill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment