Sunday, January 10, 2016

Karma

Honestly, I don't believe in karma. It's a nice idea, it's a nice thing to say or hear said. It would be good if there was something out there to restore the balance. But the only balance we have is left to our own devices, and too often it's revenge, and sometimes it's justice. But most of all, things just happen. People wake up covered in blood and go behind bars, they steal from the poor and elderly and never get what's coming to them. I laughed at a friend on the phone and three seconds later I blew a gasket. Or something. I don't remember what it was but I paid a man twelve hundred dollars to make it right. I find it hard to believe that energy works that quickly, that before I could take a breath to laugh again the All-Seeing Eye could inflict that much damage. And if by some small chance that is what happened, I have a great more laughing left to do.

I should state that I wish there was karma. I wish there was anything to make sense of things. But we make our own sense, we are left to our own devices. We have to make our own meaning. And, yes, karma is one of those things. But it is just another word for apathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment