Wednesday, January 6, 2016

She is Moving

It's not gonna do you any good. Sitting there, waiting. Watching that pot, it'll stay just at a simmer, not even that, it'll stay lukewarm. You think she's waiting? You think she's just sitting there, biding her time until something happens? You know her better than that. No, no, sir, she's out there doing things, she's contributing. She's making things happen. There's no life to a few letters on a glowing screen, that ain't anything real. There's no point in looking at that name, the name is just a name, and it's so far removed. If she was in that room you'd still be looking at her name, I'm sure of it.

A wiser man than me'd say you had your chance. That it came and you watched as it went, as it was even maybe saying to you, hello, stop me, stop me, I'm getting away... I got no sympathy for a man who doesn't act, so tell me why I got sympathy for you? Maybe it's because you're my own flesh and blood. Something deeper that binds the two of us together, past all reason, common sense, the most basic bits of human knowledge. I shouldn't have to tell you to get away from that screen, swallow whatever it is needs swallowing and actually say a word or two. Yet, here I am, and here we are.

I love you. I do. But you're a damn fool. Anyone can see that. Hell, you can probably see it yourself. And, yeah, I guess I am asking you to change. Not a lot, not unreasonably. I'm asking you to grow. Just grow a little is all. Because you ain't gonna get to where you need to go unless you try to get there, know what I mean? And all's I see is a man, sitting, comfortable in his chair, getting' a blood clot in his ass. Well, don't say I didn't warn you.

You don't have to run either. You could walk. Hell, you could crawl if that's what it takes. But you ain't going anywhere like that. You don't have to get there today, or tomorrow, or even the day after that, whichever one that is. But—and don't you forget this—she's moving. She is moving. And while it's possible she ends up moving so fast it seems as though she's staying in place, that's a lie. Don't let it fool you. And don't let you fool yourself. You're just as good. You are. You're just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment