Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Ghost

When my phone makes that noise and I see your name come up all in white and I press that little red button I know just how you feel. The numbers piling up, the messages, one, two, six, ten, why won't you call, can't we talk, can't we just hash this out like adults. And what I think you don't get, or maybe you do, is that adulthood is different than what we always thought it would be. The people on TV, they weren't thirty, they weren't really doing those things. And what our parents did, the '70s, the '80s, that's not now. The world they've given us is a very different place. And they wonder why we act the way we do. And boiled down, very simply, it's because I can. I can press the red button and set my phone on silent and pretend that there is a world without you. And, strangely enough, it is an incredibly easy thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment