Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Your Side

Nobody asked if it was her idea. They all assumed it was mine. What an asshole, they called me, what an animal. I didn't want the pictures to be taken at all. I had to be talked into all of this. I took my comfort zone and blew the thing to hell, I reinvented my idea of what it means to trust somebody. trust them in a way I'd never trusted anyone, a side of trust I never wanted to explore. So when those pictures made the rounds and every stood staring, laughing, pointing, calling names. And making statements. Without so much as a, Now what's your side of things? It hurt. And it hurt coming from them. But it hurt when she said nothing. When she realized she'd gone too far. And when she took me aside and said she was sorry, I said there's nothing to be sorry for, you did nothing wrong. We did nothing wrong. Still. It's just certain things you want private, and certain things you want public.

No comments:

Post a Comment