Saturday, August 13, 2016

Cutouts and Castaways, 3

You can't keep looking and looking, eventually you have to choose and choose I did. Protecting against allergens, protecting my face, felt soft enough and I could remove their covers. I could stack them, if things got desperate. It never occurred to me the science that goes into pillows. I always assume the cool side was something that just happened. But things rarely ever just happen, they are spurned on by something, there is a chain reaction, cause and effect, and I wondered what cause led to the inclusion of movie box candy in such quantities near checkout. I looked at them curiously while trying to remember what else it was I needed. I needed something, but these places are like mazes and the something could easily have turn into anything, and so I pushed it away and got in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment