Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Cutouts and Castaways, 7

Back at my apartment I dropped one bag and set down the other and rushed to the bathroom to relieve myself. Didn't even bother to close the door and that's saying something. But even with that open door the room was hotter than outside. In the living room what dirty light shone through my unwashed windows made it seem hours later than what it was. I opened all that weren't painted shut and still the air stood. Dust rested in the corners I could never be bothered to clean, five years sneaks up on a man. In the bedroom I switched out the pillows. In the kitchen cabinet I placed the bottles. In the alley I threw out the old pillows, the old bottles, the old stuff. I squinted and sweat though I wasn't out for very long. And when I went back inside and closed the door it seemed so dark. When my eyes adjusted I realized it really wasn't that much brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment