Saturday, August 20, 2016

Hypothermia

It was something like a cold, lonely night, but not all the way, something like it, a version of it mixed with white, light blue to its blue. I looked around and expected to see someone I knew but instead I saw only people knowing each other. Hundreds of years of friendships connecting and reconnecting right in front of me. I thought that one, one, would have crossed my path before, or I his or hers. Actors and celebrities and people with guitars, people with green hair and red hair and no hair and women with hair under their arms and rings in their noses. The floor was sticky, the shirts were unbuttoned. I was frozen on the inside, trying to keep from shaking, sipping graciously from my flask kept poorly hidden in my chinos. No one cares, everyone's doing the same, nobody notices. And with a room filled with so much personality and so many smiles, you'd think just one would turn to warm my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment