Thursday, January 29, 2015

Who I Think about When I Think about Someone Else

Yeah, babe, sure, I think about other women sometimes. But not the ones you're probably thinking I think of.

Not, like, your friends, or your roommate. Or anyone from college or an ex or something like that, none of my friends. Not even a celebrity. I mean, I have, I have thought about all those people. But that's not who I think about anymore. When I think about someone else.

They're strangers. Well, maybe stranger isn't quite the right word.

They're not girls I see on the streets, or on the bus, or in the mall, or anything like that. They're a little more sought after. I don't know what the terminology is for a stranger you seek out, but that's the best way I know how to describe it.

Here's what happens. I'll think about someone, or I'll see a post or a friend online. And maybe I click that person's picture, or post, or maybe I search that person's name when I'm thinking, Hmm, I wonder what so-and-so is up to...

Then maybe I'll look through his or her photos. And maybe one—or someone in one—stands out. Or maybe I scroll through their list of friends for someone cute, but that's a very rare occurrence. Usually it's a byproduct of stalking I'm already doing. Not stalking sorry that's not the right word. I hope.

So I'll see a photo, a photo where some girl catches my eye. And then I click on that name, look at that page, look at those photos. Maybe sometimes there's a website or something, I don't know, it varies. And then I look at the photos. I see her having fun, laughing, laughing with friends, hiking, singing, hanging out with her cousins, whatever. I know her likes, her dislikes, what kind of music she listens to, where she grew up, what she's doing and what she wants to do. There's history there, there's future, and it makes the fantasy that much more realized.

And, babe, yeah, I know you're real, too. Sometimes it's just that, well, a fantasy of something unattainable won't cut it. I need a fantasy of something real. Does that make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment