Sunday, November 8, 2015

Plus One

No, you don't understand, I got rid of my plus one because I thought it would be a good way to meet people. Force me to introduce myself, you know; make pleasantries, ask questions, be interested and interesting. But now that I'm here I see everyone at least knows someone and nothing is easy at all. Also my decision to not buy alcohol was a poor one. And they say that coming with people keeps you in the corner, but at least in your corner you have someone to talk to, you got your corner buddy. Two can approach two easier than one can but maybe that's just what I want to think. And everybody around me has a bottle or a glass. I thought maybe that would make someone offer me something, seeing that I didn't bring anything of my own. Giving people a chance at being friendly and inclusive but I guess I should've known better. And I look around to see someone like me, another one, someone standing there too scared to talk or move, kin in discomfort. But this other one doesn't seem to be in this room tonight. What would I even say? Hello?

No comments:

Post a Comment