Monday, June 30, 2014

Devolution

What would I give my life for? Oof, that's, uh, haha, that's a difficult, um... I don't know what I would die for. I don't know that there are a lotta things worth dying for. I guess in my life... If I had kids, that would be one. Or however many of them there are. I'm assuming, I mean, that seems to be a fairly standard choice and, ya know, with what you hear about mothers lifting gravestones off their children, stories of superhuman strength and whatnot, in times of, uh, ya know, in times of crisis and yeah. So maybe that, maybe kids. Wife... maybe. But I been married once before and I gotta tell ya it'd have to be a lot different kinda marriage. Kinda like savin' yourself though right? Kids, I mean. I mean that's probably what motivates it, you, the hero. Maybe subconsciously, ya know, your brain is sayin', "Hey, that's you right there, that's part of you. That's your line, that's your succession, that's your name, that's your blood, that's your future. Save yourself." And maybe the conscious you just recognizes that as "That's your kid." Maybe people don't directly hear those things. But they do. They hear 'em. Or maybe it's like that old zen story. Man goes to see the zen master, asks him, "Master, what's the secret of happiness?" Or something, he asks him something like that. Master replies, "Grandfather dies, father dies, son dies." And maybe that's a kinda morbid way to go about these things but yeah. Yeah. It's beautiful if you stop and think about it I think. I think the zen master had something there. Haha, that's sayin' something isn't it? "I think the zen master had something there. I think this expert knows what he's talking about." But of course, yeah, ya know, experts today, oof, they're vilified aren't they? I mean someone says something and they get back "Prove it" so they throw out "I'm an expert" and they get back "So?" and it's all so depressing. There are people out there who know far more than I do and that's a good thing! I mean I know plenty, but if we're just gettin' by on what I think? Yeah, no, haha, no, I don't think so. Makes you wonder how we made it this far. Makes you think of those evolutionary diagrams goin' in reverse, our craniums gettin' smaller, our knuckles dragging on the pavement. Everyone gettin' hairier and tearing things with their teeth and... I don't wanna go back to that world. I'm surprised anybody does. But they must want it right? I mean, they gotta. People are making choices, people in power, and choices have consequences, and it goes beyond you. It goes way beyond you, further than you could possibly even think. Goes to me, you, your neighbors. Man. I hope somebody does something about all this. We're supposed to get better. People are supposed to get better. Otherwise... So yeah. If I had 'em. Yeah. I'd say I'd die for my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment