Saturday, June 28, 2014

Double Disjointed

"And I said, 'Listen to me, if some girl walks up to me and grabs my penis, I'm gonna get an erection!'"

"You said that, Marvey?"

"I approximated, Harvel."

"Approximated's the way of the future, seems to me."

"Seems to be."

"Shortcuts."

"Shortcuts!"

"Saw Frank Langella's new film."

"Good guy, good person, good human being."

"Guy can carry a movie. And they cast the bit parts really well. It was good so I stayed 'til the end, 'cause, ya know, they'll tell you it was shot in Canada or something, Technicolor, ya know."

"Always made in Canada, these movies. How's about American?"

"Hey, Jack! How's about America?! Good movie though."

"I once carried my sister to the hospital, eleven miles to the hospital I carried her."

"And?"

"Not my sister!"

"Carried the wrong one?"

"Found out she was adopted! Parents were upset, they had no idea."

"Parents never do, seems to me."

"Seems to be."

"Blind is what they are. And it's our fault! They're ours! But our parents. And theirs before. Everyone. Guiding their children deaf and dumb through a sea of awakening fears."

"Poignant of ya, Harvel."

"Read it on the back of a matchbox. Where's my goddamn matchbox?! Grandkids, always stealing from me."

"You're holding the matches, Harvel. You're holding 'em in the hand of yours I'm looking at."

"Don't end with prepositions, Marvey, you oughta know better'n that."

"We all oughta know better, Harvel. Since when has that stopped anyone?"

No comments:

Post a Comment