Monday, September 1, 2014

Wedding

This is when we start to chill it down. You know? This is when the night is done. Our friend is taking pictures, he's there, documenting this joy, this sadness! We take the pins out of our shirts and hope that we can use them for good.

We can feel the beat. We can! I do! Even if you don't, I'm sitting and I'm standing and dancing and I don't think I'll ever feel so good again.

It's the soundtrack, it's seeing her every two weeks until you die. The sound of our hearts. The beat, beat, beat, the high you get from the plan. It's late night Mexican cigarette dirty water strolling bass thump barefoot brand new bare feelings. I wish they could come back.

I grab them. I grab them knowing I hold a love you can only have for true friends, true. And when I'm ready to let go, and I do, they do not. And that's how I know. That's how I know this love will love forever.

Words cannot describe, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment