Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Getting Out

And I wanted out. Getting out was nothing new for me. Dad rolled his eyes while I explained my age. When parents roll their eyes they aren't always wrong. So I decided I'd think on it. Thought that maybe I was in the part of the run where my lungs started hurting. And that it wouldn't be much farther until they didn't hurt at all. But that can be a lot for a guy like me. I don't want to think of reasons to stay in, I don't need to. If I were like him, older that is, and had people depending on me. Right now I just got me. And so maybe that settles it. Stop and give my lungs a rest.

Mom, she didn't say much. Told me to follow my heart, said it was up to me, she'd support. Though the way she didn't look at me. I could see she understood but still didn't like talking about hurting someone. But we've all been hurt before. Chances are I won't stop now. Chances are she's better off.

No comments:

Post a Comment