Saturday, October 17, 2015

The Plan and Practice

They say I do things when I'm asleep. They've seen me eating, they've seen me walking around. Once they told me I only stood there, looking out, not blinking, not awake. They say it's getting more complicated, the things that I'm doing. Stacking chairs, packing bags, sharpening knives. They say it looks like I have a plan. I'm silent and watching, seeing and saying nothing. They say I might hurt somebody. I believe them. But I could hurt anyone and anytime. We all could. I only wish I'd only do it when I was asleep. My subconscious is more real than myself. Yours is, too.

I am planning for something. I am practicing for something that is about to come. Rehearsing an act or my reaction. During the day I don't ask questions, and nobody tells me much. And if something happens I could only say that it wasn't my fault. That I was asleep, and as I did these things they only stood and watched. That they wanted to see what I would do. And when I woke up they would say, What were you thinking?


No comments:

Post a Comment