Monday, May 9, 2016

Let Me Out

She looks at the window, through it, outside, some nameless creature, some small vermin, bird, shadow, ant. She stares, cries, mews just audibly, stares at me, let me out, let me out, let me out. She is a protector, a huntress, she belongs in the night, she stares at me. I let her out, I obey, I am her subject. She is in her element, she is ready to hunt, ready to pounce, ready to kill. It is late and I am tired, I am ready for sleep. She stares out at the shadows, at the moving nothing. I think about nothing, about moving, I close my eyes and she is gone. I wait and she doesn't come back. I go out to find her and I call her name. I can't. She is out in the world now, she needs nothing from me. And me, I will call her name, and wait, and never sleep, until I let her in.

No comments:

Post a Comment