Tuesday, May 24, 2016

West

I see it as a distant devil there, hot and dry and alluring. Dangling what I want in front of me like a carrot to some stupid horse. But do I need the carrot? I'm getting away from myself.

Yes, though, perhaps that's what I need. To get away from myself. A place like that is a place for anyone. But no, I am not that naive. The devil, he gets what's owed him. The lights and time and fame and fortune, they will all get what's owed. So, the question: How much am I willing to pay?

Seems silly to wait any longer, though I know more waiting is inevitable. Was this my journey, is this all part of the tale? That man, he finally knew himself though he was grey and alone. And he spent his final days in a used car he didn't much like, surrounded by people he didn't much understand. But the sun was shining every day, and the heat was dry, and it was all right there in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment