Saturday, August 29, 2015

Delightful Night

And it's like leaving a bar party, the ones we always loved in college. Everyone waiting until the last possible second, everyone waiting because they're hoping so hard for sex. We get on the early bus, the bus, yellow and old, we feel young and stupid and it's so great. I don't want to be pulled away, wonderful as it is. It's been a delightful night.

"Good night," I tell her, "it's been so fun, it's been so horribly fun. I wish I didn't have to leave." And I guess I didn't have to but there are people dragging me practically, friends, I'd be here all alone in a huge group of people. And the girl in the green dress is a tease I hear and I think she likes that guy in the mustache, but I'd like to look at her just a bit longer. Maybe I'd even ask her to dance. Maybe the abandonment of friends is exactly what the doctor ordered.

The wind is on my face on the bus and we're off, we're leaving the party behind. I hope that, wherever we go, wherever I end up, we will bring everything with us. Maybe it will even be waiting for us. Maybe there will be more beautiful girls in more green dresses. Maybe I can do something for once tonight. And wouldn't that be something.

No comments:

Post a Comment