Monday, August 24, 2015

Paper Airplane Fetus

An app told me my baby is the size of a paper airplane. But which kind? The classic Arrow? The Dart? The Stealth? These are the things I need to know. The Moth? The Kite? Perhaps the ever-so-slightly different Champ. I would like to think my baby was a champ, even from just a few weeks in.

Then of course there are the stranger ones. The Bat. The Spinster (I would like to be able to say I dodged that word in all its forms, thank you). Perhaps the Ring, round and round. A perfect little circle inside me. Yes, perhaps that's the one. No beginning, no end, only existing. And perfect.

There are days where I think it's the Custom. You have to use scissors, cut sections out of it, fold them back in. Far too much trouble than what it's worth and it doesn't even fly that well. But I want, I am praying for, a Ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment