Friday, August 28, 2015

Gawker

It was standstill traffic, the worst kind. Although I know no decent traffic. Seven lanes merging into two, an unknown obstruction ahead. I found out it was an accident, and someone gawking at it caused another accident not a hundred feet in front. Cars were turning around, driving over medians, bright blue blinking tow trucks showed up, looked like strippers should have popped out the sides. In general, it was a mess.

I wanted to see blood. Like they shower us in driver's ed, I wanted brains smeared on the pavement. Families devastated, lines ended. But wen I pulled off to an alternate route, like everyone before me, and looked over at the highway, I saw nothing. I saw tow trucks, cop cars, and two men in shining yellow vests smoking cigarettes. Everything seemed so calm, no one was shouting, or crying, or changed in any way. That I could see. And I wanted to see. And it didn't feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment