Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Sky I See

I wish I could invert the color. Turn it inside out for a day. I'd be on another planet and that would be all right with me. I could come up with new names for things, a new name for the sun, a new name for us. I think things would make sense.

We agree that something is red. We point to the sky and say it is blue. It's like money, it only has value because long ago we assigned value to it. The sky I see is not the sky you see. It never has been. It never will be. But maybe, darling, if I turn it inside out I could make it something we could share.

In my hand I have a hundred dollar bill. I don't know what the inverse of it would be. I don't know that I could use it anyway. I have no use for it now. It cannot get me anything I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment