Sunday, August 23, 2015

Lessons in Pictures

It was like she saw a picture of herself once, years ago, thought, hm, I like that smile, and had been trying to recreate it ever since. Sometimes she got it right again. Most of the times her eyes were a bit too wide, the corners of her mouth a bit too high and tight. Too many teeth shown or not shown in the right way. It was staged, and staged poorly.

He was a fan of the candid shot. That, to him, captured life, that one person's life, at least, in a subtle or a brilliant way. It was a way for him to feel comfortable, knowing that the lens was on him but that he didn't have to acknowledge it. There's truth in the candid, there's no, look at me, I'm standing in front of the Eiffel Tower. I'm smiling the way I have a hundred thousand times before because somebody told me to. People, she, could be so beautiful if only they stopped trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment