Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Mr. Mark's Dad

Mark's dad always ate lunch with him at school. That was back when parents could eat lunch with you, and if they did you were cool. Or I thought you were cool. I thought you were lucky at least. Eating lunch with your dad at school?! Wow! This is the mind of a first grader.

But one day Mr. Mark's Dad was there and I told him this joke:

"Say 'rubber buns and liquor' after everything I say. What's your favorite meal?"

"Rubber buns and liquor."

"What'd you have for breakfast?"

"Rubber buns and liquor."

"What do you have on your birthday?"

"Rubber buns and liquor."

"What'd you do with your girlfriend last night?"

He didn't really like me after that. But he didn't laugh either, so I didn't care. I was happy to have my lunch with my friends.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment